Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The First Time Turning the Key at Home!

 I drooled all in my sleep and woke up several times because of the wet pillow. THAT WAS NOT A FUN NIGHT. But I did get some sleep.

 When I woke up in the morning, I was hungry, so I decided to get a snack. When I went downstairs, I remembered, OH, yeah... I still have that in. DERP! So, I decided to try something new. I tried a Nutri-grain bar because they are very soft and slightly chewy. I chewed with my two front teeth and then pushed it with my tongue to the back of my throat and swallowed. Some of it got stuck in my expander and I pushed it out with my tongue. I started from the back and tried to push, then I grabbed it at the front and pulled it forward. Or, you could just drink a sip of water and swish it around in your mouth, then swallow.

 The next thing I tried to eat was some soft food that the orthodontist had given me in a bag. It was a cookie. It was yummy! Then after that, I had my capri-sun that they had also given me. I ate the cookie very slowly and took small bites. That helped me a lot. The capri-sun was easy because I had already learned how to swallow the day before.

 My speech is improving, though. I still have a lot of trouble with my E's. Like when I say queen, I say quin instead.

 The next thing I did was play with my friend. I told her and her mom that I sound pretty bad. They really didn't seem to care. They are really good friends! I am on Fall-Break for this whole week an I'm glad, because it would be hard to have to adjust to the expander at school...at least on the first day. If you are getting a palate expander, make sure your mom/guardian lets you stay home for the first day.

 Today my mom turned the key and it HURT!!! Well, it didn't hurt TOO badly, but it did hurt for a little bit. My mom gave me ibuprofen to soothe the pain and it stopped hurting after about 3 minutes. She had to lay me down on the stairs for her to get a better angle.  Glad that's over!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment